7 October 2003: Result of the IST 2003 event in Milan
The event in Milan has just ended, and the results are already there !! Loads of contacts have been made during the 3 days exhibition in Milan, Italy. See it by yourself:
- EuropePKI stand has been visited by the IST "VIP tour", among with Lucio Stanca, Italian Minister for Innovation and Technology, and President Roberto Formigoni of the Lombardy Region. You can see some pictures of their visits with Gareth MacNaughton, coordinator of the eGovernment part of the exhibition.
- A few hours later, it was up to a South Africa Embassy delegation, whose representatives seemed very interested in the great demonstration (certificate generation on smartcard, use of the authentication on a declaration portal) provided by our fellow members INPS and Intesa.
- Some other government and institutional representatives (India, Slovenia, Lituania...) have been exchanging points of view about open-source security all around the event.
- On Friday, EuropePKI has participated to the conference "eGovernment & Identities", on the invitation of Mr. Gareth MacNaughton, INFSO officer. We were represented by Franco Tafini, from the Intesa, who faced security consultants and responsible from Microsoft and Sun Microsystems, in a debate on the opportunity to use open-source softwares as an alternative to proprietary security solutions.
- On Saturday morning, a French television team has interviewed Vincent Gass about the EuropePKI project. We will diffuse the movie clip as soon as possible.